I have a love of learning and when I become interested in something I love to study it. Some of the things I am studying right now include: Authenticity, Happiness, Health and Wellness, Spirituality, Herbal Remedies, Energy Healing, Crystals, Law of Attraction, Meditation, Gratitude, Rituals, Chakra, Aruvedic Medicine and Doshas, Essential Oils, Cannabis, Moon Cycles, Positive Thinking, Yoga and Tarot just to name a few.

This blog is one place to keep all the information I come a cross that I don't want to lose. Feel free to take a look around.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Fake It Till You Feel It

Or in other words "Act the way I want to feel". There are studies out there that show even an artificially induced smile brings about happier emotions. Another way to think about it is that to change our feelings, we should change our actions.

 "Although we presume that we act because of the way we feel, in fact we often feel because of the way we act" Gretchen Rubin.

I have used this so much in my life and it works...truly works. Example: When you work in retail you have to have a happy disposition at all times even when the last customer took out his or her frustrations on you for no other reason then they are having a bad day. Now you could choose to let this get to you and take it out on your next customer or you can just put a smile on your face even though you may be streaming inside and carry on. After awhile of having a smile on your face and treating people the way you wish to be treated and before you know it you are back in a good mood.

 It works!

No comments:

Post a Comment