I have a love of learning and when I become interested in something I love to study it. Some of the things I am studying right now include: Authenticity, Happiness, Health and Wellness, Spirituality, Herbal Remedies, Energy Healing, Crystals, Law of Attraction, Meditation, Gratitude, Rituals, Chakra, Aruvedic Medicine and Doshas, Essential Oils, Cannabis, Moon Cycles, Positive Thinking, Yoga and Tarot just to name a few.

This blog is one place to keep all the information I come a cross that I don't want to lose. Feel free to take a look around.

Monday, August 8, 2016

Power Pose

Recently I was at a conference for work and we had a guest speakers talking about Amy Cuddy's research on body language and how we can change not only our perceptions of our our self but also others perceptions of us, even our own body chemistry by simply changing  our body position.

Standing like a Super Hero for as little as 2 minutes changes our testosterone and cortisol  levels, increases our performance and appetite for risk, it also generally configures our brains to cope well in stressful situations.

By putting your body into  a "Power Pose" think Wonder Women, you can actually affect your own confidence. Amy said "Our bodies change our minds and our minds can change our behaviors and our behaviors can change our outcomes. Don't fake it till you make it, fake it till you become it."

I once had a person I worked with who said that everyday she stood in front of the mirror and pretended to put on her Super Hero costume, She imagined stepping into it and pulling it up. She then stood in the Power Pose for a couple of minutes all while telling herself that nothing could harm her, negativity would bounce right off her and that she was strong and confident. I think back now to what great info that was.

Truly a simple practice that could change our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment